The Adminstration at LPA Design handles all the Accounting, IT, HR, and Supply Chain Management functions.
LPA Design, located in Burlington, Vermont, is the world leader in wireless radio triggering and control systems for the photography industry. The company is expanding with new products, a product diversification into a new product category, additional contract manufacturers, and product distribution demands commensurate with a growing product line.
Current positions in Administration:
This new position will provide operational leadership in order to rapidly achieve higher levels of operational performance in a fast-moving and competitive global technology industry. The V.P. will provide strategic direction as well as hands-on guidance and coordination of activities, from design to delivery of products. We are seeking a versatile and talented leader with a track record of achievement in the areas of engineering and product development, global supply chain management, customer order fulfillment, and overall quality assurance in a relevant technology and/or consumer products industry.
- Manufacturing, Purchasing, Order Distribution and Fulfillment
- Product Development/Engineering
- Operational technologies, CAD, ERP, Lab resources
- Leading the coordination and operational effectiveness of the company’s expanding manufacturing, sourcing, logistics and product development activities.
- Optimizing internal and external product engineering resources to increase product development capacity by identifying needs, setting goals, formalizing business processes, and hiring, coaching and developing top talent.
- Overseeing and creating systems, resources and lean/agile processes that ensure smooth and profitable operations, balancing innovation with the timely development of an increasing number of products
- Ensuring the profitability, quality, and on-time delivery of products by the company’s manufacturing and sourcing team and a portfolio of contract manufacturers.
- Coordinating with Marketing and Finance in the development and implementation of strategic plans, annual product development roadmaps, and the financial and human capital requirements to achieve them.
- Attaining operational efficiency by implementing Continuous Process Improvement practices.
- B.S. degree in engineering, manufacturing or business; or commensurate knowledge and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in electrical, mechanical and/or firmware engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience and success in a leadership role in a relevant consumer products/technology industry.
- Demonstrated leadership with developing products that involve technical risk in order to fulfill and execute on the market opportunity.
- Experience identifying and mitigating risks associated with design for manufacturing/assembly.
- Experience in project management for product development purposes.
- Experience working with partners such as contract manufacturers, outsourced engineering/design firms, distribution centers, and suppliers.
- A strategic mindset that ensures structure and processes put in place do not inhibit innovation and rapid execution.
- A strong drive to succeed coupled with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to coach, mentor and tap the desire of employees to excel as individuals and on teams.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a growth environment at multiple levels of management and company leadership, including leading and developing bright, career-oriented professionals.
- Personal interest in photography, and/or relevant professional experience, would be a plus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org