Engineering positions at LPA Design are the brains behind the product from development through production. LPA uses a variety of engineering types including mechanical, electrical, production and others.
Current positions in Engineering:
We are seeking a Sr. Product Design Engineer to work with our engineering team in the design and documentation of consumer products from the conceptual design stage through to production.
The ideal candidate is self-directed and goal oriented with advanced SolidWorks modeling and analysis skills and hands-on experience with a variety of manufactured components such as complex molded and cast parts, machined and sheet metal parts, and electronics packaging. The position requires design and communication skills that facilitate a team based approach to integrate and work with management, marketing, industrial designers, other engineers, purchasing, manufacturing and support personnel, and vendors. Other skills are the ability to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and knowledge and experience in quality inspection methods. Knowledge of photography, imaging, or optics is a plus.
- Leads product development projects from conceptual design & development stage through market launch.
- Performs preliminary and detailed concept investigation. Includes research, technical feasibility studies, and cost estimates and manufacturing processes in support of new product design, or for existing production products to reduce costs and/or manufacturing problems.
- Develops and contributes to detailed project plans including tasks, timelines and budgets and is responsible for adherence to project schedules.
- Performs product specifications process.
- Designs new products using high-end engineering skills such as rapid prototyping as well as engineering thermal and stress analysis.
- Works closely with purchasing and assures that COG targets are met.
- A high level of proficiency with SolidWorks, Adobe Photoshop, MS Project and MS Office Applications.
- Assists Suppliers and Purchasing in evaluating new and modified components.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Manages outside resources that may be required on any given project, including but not limited to; industrial design, engineering design, analysis or third party contractors.
- Develops product manuals by providing parts and assembly graphics using CAD.
- Assist in the management of configuration control on new and current products.
- Preparation of design documents for release to vendors for requests for pricing.
- Review ECO’s; perform follow-up tasks required to approve and implement engineering design changes.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years experience in a product design role; ideally with experience in electronics/PCB packaging for products that require human factors and industrial design input.
- 5+ years experience with complex plastic parts design & injection molding; experience with die casting is a plus.
- Experience with SolidWorks multi-body & master modeling skills for complex plastic molded parts.
- Familiarity with stress and thermal analysis tools.
- 5+ years experience with 2D drawing creation to industry standards.
- Proven experience creating designs to meet Design for Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply, send your resume to HR@lpadesign.com