Basic Trigger Mode
You can use a MiniTT1 Transmitter or FlexTT5 Transceiver as a standard PocketWizard trigger with almost any hot shoe equipped camera.
To enable Basic Trigger Mode:
Launch the PocketWizard Utility and connect a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 with the included USB cable.
Click on the “Misc” tab in the PocketWizard Utility.
Make sure “ForceTTL Master Mode” is unchecked and check the “Basic Trigger Mode” box.
• Do not enable this option if you are using the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 with a supported Canon DSLR.
• Due to the placement of the dedicated ETTL pins, the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 might not fit into some camera's hot shoes.
• Triggering on any of the 32 Standard PocketWizard Channes is possible with any receiving PocketWizard, including flashes with built-in PocketWizards.
• HyperSync, High Speed Sync (FP Flash), and ETTL functions are not available when using Basic Trigger Mode.
• When this mode is enabled, make sure to switch off your MiniTT1 when not in use. Battery life can be significantly reduced in this mode.
• You may experience a slight drop in your camera’s maximum x-sync speed, due to radio propagation delay.
• TTL flash cannot be used and all flashes must be set to Manual Mode in this configuration.
• A MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 in Basic Trigger Mode transmits on Standard Channels only. If you’re using a FlexTT5 as your receiving radio, make sure to configure it to receive on a Standard Channel. You’ll need to uncheck the “Use ControlTL Channel for Rx” box in the PocketWizard Utility. You can also use Learn Mode to teach your receiving FlexTT5 the correct Standard Channel.