PocketWizard Firmware and the Utility Download
All PocketWizard radios with a USB port can be easily updated to the latest firmware using the PocketWizard Utility. All PocketWizard radios in your system should be using the same firmware version for proper functionality. Newer firmware may not be compatible with older versions in some cases.
The PocketWizard Utility also enables you to configure your settings in the ControlTL firmware found on the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 radios.
July 17, 2014 - Full compatibility for the Nikon D4S, D610, Df, D7100, D5300, D5200 and D3300 is ready for public beta testing. Visit the beta lab for instructions on how to download the beta firmware.
June 20, 2014: Full TTL support for the Canon 1D x, 6D & 70D is ready for public beta testing. Visit the beta lab for instructions on how to download the beta firmware.
Download the Utility Here:
Note: Windows 8 is now officially compatible with the PocketWizard Utility.
You must download the PocketWizard Utility to take advantage of the PocketWizard Firmware updates listed below. Scroll further down for firmware download instructions.
CURRENT POCKETWIZARD FIRMWARE AND RELEASE NOTES:
|MiniTT1/Nikon|| 3.400 || 06/11/2013 ||Release Notes||Quick Guide||Wiki|
|FlexTT5/Nikon|| 3.400 ||06/11/2013||Release Notes||Quick Guide||Wiki|
|MiniTT1/Canon|| 6.400 ||06/11/2013||Release Notes|| Quick Guide ||Wiki|
|FlexTT5/Canon|| 6.400 ||06/11/2013||Release Notes||Quick Guide||Wiki|
|Plus III|| 1.200 ||06/11/2013||Release Notes||Quick Guide||Wiki|
|MultiMAX|| 7.53 ||06/11/2013||See Manual||Manual||Wiki|
| PowerMC2/E640 || 2.400 ||06/11/2013||Release Notes||Quick Guide||Wiki|
| PowerST4/Elinchrom || 5.400 ||06/11/2013||Release Notes||Quick Guide||Wiki|
Firmware Download Instructions:
FlexTT5, MiniTT1, PowerMC2, PowerST4:
With the Utility installed and running on your computer, plug a USB
into your PocketWizard radio. Once the Utility recognizes your radio
click "check for updates" then follow the on-screen instructions to
update your radios.
For a tutorial on the Utility and updating your radios, click here.
* Always perform a factory reset after updating your firmware.
- Be sure to write down any custom settings for Configuration 1 or
Configuration 2 before you reset your radios so you can re-apply
them after the upgrade.
- TO RESET hold TEST as you power on for 10 seconds until you see
4 green blinks. See RESET B on page 28 in the Owner's Manual for
more info. Click here to view a video on resetting your MiniTT1,
FlexTT5, PowerST4 and PowerMC2.
- ALL UNITS SHOULD BE UPGRADED AT THE SAME TIME. Each unit
needs to be upgraded separately.
- You will need to enable USB mode, which is done by following the procedure below:
- Turn off the MultiMAX
- Hold the backlight button (between TEST and MENU).
- Continue to hold backlight, and connect the radio to your computer with a standard
Mini-B USB cable
- Continue to hold backlight, and set the power switch to TRANSMIT.
- Release the backlight button, then click “Check for Updates” in the Utility to begin.
- Connect the Plus III to your computer with a standard Mini-B USB cable.
- Open the PocketWizard Utility, and click on "Check for Updates"
Quick Guides, Current Firmware Release Notes and Manuals:
- Product Quick Guides and Current Firmware Release Notes can be found here.
- For product manuals, please visit the PocketWizard Wiki.
Interested in being a BETA TESTER for new PocketWizard Utility and Firmware, click here.