PocketWizard Firmware and the Utility Download
All PocketWizard radios with a USB port can be easily updated to the latest firmware using the PocketWizard Utility. All PocketWizard radios in your system should be using the same firmware version for proper functionality. Newer firmware may not be compatible with older versions in some cases.
The PocketWizard Utility also enables you to configure your settings in the ControlTL firmware found on the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 radios.
November 9, 2012 - PocketWizard releases Utility 1.54 and 1.55 with new improvements and compatibility with Plus III. View 1.54 & 1.55 release notes here.
Download the Utility Here:
Note: PocketWizard Utility 1.55 is not yet compatible with Windows 8. It is currently being tested and we will keep you posted via our Facebook page once compatibility or a work-around has been established.
You must download the PocketWizard Utility to take advantage of the PocketWizard Firmware updates listed below. Scroll further down for firmware download instructions.
Click HERE for BETA Release Plan for new Nikon and Canon Gear.
CURRENT POCKETWIZARD FIRMWARE UPDATES:
MiniTT1& FlexTT5 - NIKON
The current ControlTL Firmware release for MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 for NIKON is Version 3.150. (Released August 6, 2012.)
- Firmware version 3.150 release notes, click here.
- Nikon Quick Guide, click here.
- Full Nikon Wiki Manual, click here
MiniTT1& FlexTT5 - CANON
The current ControlTL Firmware release for the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 for CANON is Version 6.200. (Released December 19, 2012.)
- Firmware version 6.200 release notes, click here.
- Canon Quick Guide, click here
- Full Canon Wiki Manual, click here.
PowerST4 for Elinchrom
The current ControlTL Firmware release for the PowerST4 for Elinchrom is 5.100.
(Released September 1, 2011)
PowerMC2 for Einstein E640
The current ControlTL Firmware release for the PowerMC2 for Einstein E640 Flash
is version 2.200. (Released July 18, 2011)
- For the PowerMC2 Quick Guide, click here.
- For the PowerMC2 Firmware v2.200 Release Notes, click here.
The current Firmware Release for the Plus III is version 1.200.
- For the Plus III Firmware 1.200 Release Notes, click here.
The current Firmware Release for the MultiMAX is version 7.500.
- For the Owner's Manual Addendum for Version 7.50, click here.
Firmware Download Instructions:
With the Utility installed and running on your computer, plug a USB
into your PocketWizard radio. Once the Utility recognizes your radio
click "check for updates" then follow the on-screen instructions to
update your radios.
For a tutorial on the Utility and updating your radios, click here.
* Always perform a factory reset after updating your firmware.
- Be sure to write down any custom settings for Configuration 1 or
Configuration 2 before you reset your radios so you can re-apply
them after the upgrade.
- TO RESET hold TEST as you power on for 10 seconds until you see
4 green blinks. See RESET B on page 28 in the Owner's Manual for
more info. Click here to view a video on resetting your MiniTT1,
FlexTT5, PowerST4 and PowerMC2.
- ALL UNITS SHOULD BE UPGRADED AT THE SAME TIME. Each unit
needs to be upgraded separately.
Quick Guides, Current Firmware Release Notes and Manuals:
- Product Quick Guides and Current Firmware Release Notes can be found here.
- For product manuals, please visit the PocketWizard Wiki.
Interested in being a BETA TESTER for new PocketWizard Utility and Firmware, click here.